Chief IT Architect
eProseed is looking for a Chief IT Architect to manage service design and service transition for a very large customer under a managed service contract. The candidate will lead a team of 15-20 senior architects and coordinate the architecture service, whose technical scope contains Database, Application servers, Web servers, ECM, Monitoring, and Automation.
Responsibilities and Duties
The work will be carried out directly on customer premises. Hereunder is a list of some of the activities/deliverables of the Chief IT Architect:
- Coordinate architecture work between the different technologies and the customer service owners;
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office on project delivery;
- Participate in team meetings to identify actions and improvements on architecture and architecture activities;
- Suggest process improvements on the entire managed service scope;
- Review the team workload and report on it;
- Evaluate the performance of the team, and participate in the hiring process of new architects.
Hard skills and experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree, or a solid matching work experience;
- At least 5 years’ experience with large-scale IT environments is essential;
- At least 5 years’ experience in contributing to structured IT projects and producing documentation;
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT service design;
- Technical experience of databases, middleware (any flavor), enterprise monitoring and automation tools, web technologies;
- Technical knowledge of IP networks and system administration;
- Knowledge of ITIL processes is mandatory, ITIL certification is a plus.
- Ability to work and communicate in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- Experience of day-to-day team management with reporting, coordination with other teams;
- Professional approach when dealing with customers, including clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, and service-oriented mindset;
- Initiative, accuracy and attention to detail;
- High aptitude for learning and high degree of self-motivation;
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential. Any other European language is a plus.