Senior Graphics Software Engineer
We are expanding the graphics software team in Trondheim and are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Graphics Software Engineer who has strong knowledge of 3D/2D graphics along with proven technical skills to join the Media Processing Group.
The role involves cooperating with engineering teams from different disciplines and customers throughout the world to design, develop and deploy Vulkan and OpenGL ES drivers for the current and the next generation of ARM graphics cores.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD (computer science or electronics engineering) with good academic record.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience of embedded software development for a commercial organization.
- Experience in 2D/3D graphics technology and standards such as Vulkan, OpenGL, OpenGL E etc.
- Expert knowledge of C/C++.
- Expert knowledge of embedded OS and/or RTOS, including two or more of: embedded Linux, Android, Symbian OS, WinMobile or Windows CE, Nucleus.
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
- Experience of software optimisation and instrumentation.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of embedded operating systems, device drivers, microprocessor and embedded system hardware architectures.
- Experience with embedded software environments.
- ARM architecture knowledge.
- Experience with assembler-level programming and debugging (ARM desirable but not essential).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and UNIX host environments.
- Previous experience in leading a small Team of engineers.
- A successful candidate will exhibit many of the following qualities:
- Self-reliant and able to seek out information and learning when required.
- Ability to solve problems creatively - e.g. challenge the status quo and suggest novel approaches ("thinking outside the box").
- Evaluate proposals critically - e.g. contributing to design discussions and code reviews.
- Address all life-cycle phases of large tasks, from specification through test and user documentation, with minimal supervision.
- Take on a technical leadership role for some aspects of project work, investigations, and feasibility studies.
- Provide support and guidance to our internal users and colleagues.
- Understand development and project processes in depth.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to ARM location in Cambridge and worldwide.