Senior Software Engineer - Java
Responsibilities and Tasks
Our team is developing a new suite of innovative software solutions designed to assist our customers managing subsea equipment and leveraging sensor data. Through these solutions we strive to provide better support to our customers in managing the up-time of subsea equipment and making informed decisions on optimizing operational performance. We need creative and talented people with sound engineering knowledge who can further strengthen our specialist team and support our ambitious plans within the subsea market.
Our ideal candidate is quality conscious, passionate about open source technologies, with strong programming skills. You will become a member of a small team, with highly qualified and productive engineers, who have created a lean culture with freedom to be creative and focus on what really matters.
Some of the key characteristics of our products and methodology are:
- Agile development process
- Modern development environment built on Redmine, Git, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus, Maven, Gradle
- High degree of test automation, including simulators for performance and integration testing
- Open source products/frameworks such as MongoDB, Apache Storm, Cassandra, AngularJS
- Real-time analytics and signal processing in a distributed real-time environment
- Web based visualization of huge amounts of static and dynamic information
- Networking (TCP/IP)
As a software developer you will be assigned to product development projects and take part in all project phases from prototyping to support and maintenance. You will contribute to continuous improvements of our code base and participate in quality assurance (e.g. testing and reviews).
Qualifications and Personal Qualities
One or more of the following qualifications are required:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in relevant engineering discipline
- 5+ years’ experience as a Java developer
- Experience with open source technologies (Spring, Storm, Cassandra, MongoDB, AngularJS)
- Experience with development of distributed real-time data acquisition systems
- Experience with development of high-performance and scalable solutions
- Good knowledge and/or interest for visualization of information (dashboards, static and dynamic data
- Good knowledge and/or interest for big data technologies and analytics
- Enthusiastic and creative