Cloud Operations Administrator
Reporting to the Cloud Operations Manager, the Cloud Operations Administrator will be part of the team responsible for the provisioning, deployment as well as the day-to-day secure operations and maintenance of our software service offerings in the cloud.
- Prepare, configure, test, deploy, manage and optimize our systems (virtual and physical)
- Perform day-to-day management, maintenance and backup
- Provide 24X7 troubleshooting and support on a rotating basis
- Ensure systems remain secure and are continuously running effectively and meet our SLA requirements
- Participate in upgrades and configuration modifications on the production systems
- Develop scripts and create reports for system monitoring and metrics analysis
- Define, document, and deploy configuration management, disaster recovery, and other key operations processes.
- Continuously optimize systems monitoring, workflow, and operational procedures
- Drive a total automation philosophy to efficiently and effectively achieve high levels of reliability availability, scalability, security and performance
- Identify and raise to management, system vulnerabilities that could be exploited by an attacker.
- Approx. 5 years of experience in systems and network administration
- Strong experience with Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Cloud and Virtualization technologies (Amazon Web Services, IBM SoftLayer, VMWare or Xen)
- Experience administering & deploying in a LAMP environment (i.e Linux, Apache/Nginx, MySQL)
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure and networking security concepts
- Strong shell scripting abilities
- Working knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication & documentation skills
- Experience in dealing with customer issues under time pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong command of the English language