Software Engineer (Brite:Bill)
In one sentence
Responsible for design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software systems.
Responsible for one or more specific modules within a large software system scope
What will your job look like?
- Bahelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent;
- Good analytical and problem solving ability;
- Strong communication skills;
- The ability to work independently as well as collaborating with a team;
- Experience with the Telecommunications BSS stack understanding of billing and other key stack components is ideal;
- Experience in developing high volume, mission critical software solutions in Telecommunications, Finance or similar markets;
- Experienced in Java Enterprise, XML technologies, e.g., Java-XML Binding, XSLT and FOP;
- Experienced in build tools Maven, Ant and version control tools SVN, Git;
- Development in Linux/Unix environments.
Server side development skills
- Experienced in template frameworks, such as Smooks, Velocity and Freemarker;
- Experienced in Spring framework, Spring Security, Spring Integration, JPA/Hibernate;
- Experienced in script languages, and Linux shell languages, Groovy, Python and Ruby;
- Experienced in Web application, middleware and messaging servers, especially Tomcat, Spring.
The following technologies, frameworks and toolsets are used for our Billing solutions, previous experience or knowledge with some or all of these is highly desirable:
- Integration Tier - Technologies: Java, Spring Integration, Message Oriented middleware, SOA;
- Database/Storage Tier - Technologies: JPA/Hibernate, MySQL/Oracle, OLAP cubes, Amazon AWS Services, Lucene/SOLR;
- Web Technologies: Responsive HTML5 applications, AngularJS, REST, Jersey, Spring Frameworks, OAuth, JQuery, Widgets;
- WebServices, EAI, ETL, XML;
- Development Technologies: Maven, Jenkins, Continuous Integration;
All you need is
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent;
- 3-5 years of experience in writing software code in at least one programming language;
- 2-4 years of knowledge in Unix/Linux;
- Good knowledge in Object Oriented Design and development.