Software Engineer (macOS/C++)
GOG.com is calling out to all master engineers to join our extraordinary team as a Software Engineer and take part in the development of GOG Galaxy: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free, online gaming platform (GOG.com/galaxy). You will also have the opportunity to play a key role in a variety of other brand new R&D projects, while working with other engineers in SCRUM methodology. If you are a gamer yourself and value freedom of choice, optional clients and cross platform games - the GOG Galaxy Team will be a perfect place for you.
- Shape the future of GOG Galaxy, our multi-platform desktop app, used by millions of gamers worldwide;
- Implement and own major features to provide the best possible experience for our users on macOS;
- Maintain and optimize subsystems of existing applications;
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a C++ and Obj-C programmer;
- Practical knowledge of development tools: Xcode, LLDB debugger, and Apple's "instruments" suite;
- Proven ability to develop macOS applications;
- Experience with multithreaded programming;
- Practical experience with software development best practices (version control, testing, deployment etc.);
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience in programming for iOS;
- Experience in working with various multi-platform UI toolkits (for example: Qt, wxWidgets);
- Experience with other platforms (Windows, Linux), especially in cross-platform development;
- Knowledge of CMake, Python, Git, Protobuf;
- Passion for gaming, game services and online communities.