Hardware Development Expert
- Analysis and evaluation of customer and legal requirements, initial BoM creation and component selection accordingly with consideration of costs, schedule, platform, quality etc.;
- Development of complex modules & Components of latest technology to implement them in future automotive systems;
- Support customer RFQ/RFI with technical/HW contents;
- Develop module & Components system design, schematic design/integration, layout design following design rules, design verification, write detailed specification/documentation;
- Redesign of existing functional blocks with latest technologies with focus on performance improvement and cost improvement;
- Lead design reviews in all development phases together with functional owners, process, production;
- Integration of modules & components into worldwide OEM projects;
- Evaluation of relevant technology, functions regarding requirements, market trends and feasibility together with other engineering core teams & procurement to ensure the best design & best cost;
- Observation and analysis of latest technology trends, definition of next generation key components together with other technical division and key component suppliers;
- Preparation of technical supplier decisions for the business units and Automotive executive management according to development process, evaluate risks and opportunities;
- Close cooperation with different functional teams globally such as Controlling, Legal, Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Customer Business Units.
- Graduate degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Mechatronic) or appropriate graduation;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HW development and design;
- Excellent technical understanding of electrical designs inside Infotainment & Telematics in Features, Requirements, Technology and Cost;
- Good knowledge of hardware function blocks & SoC & memory designs & high speed interfaces;
- Excellent Communication Skills, working together with other HARMAN teams;
- Structured, goal and result-orientated working style;
- Ability of team work;
- Excellent English language skill (German language skill nice to have).
Don't forget to mention EuroTechJobs when applying.