Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Are you a Senior Hardware Design Engineer looking to be involved in the entire digital hardware development chain from pre-studies and modelling to RTL implementation and verification? The ARM Video Team offers talented engineers the opportunity to work with all stages of digital design.
The Media Processing Group (MPG) in ARM has the mission to be at the forefront of advanced multimedia IP products for the consumer, wireless and automotive infotainment markets. The Mali range of VPUs (Video Processors) delivers an advanced architecture for hardware acceleration of video codecs, specifically tuned for low energy consumption and high performance.
In this role you will be involved in all areas of the design and verification process:
- Pre-studies and architectural design;
- RTL Implementation;
- Writing specifications;
- RTL design and verification.
You will collaborate closely across team boundaries, for instance with low-level software engineers and system architects.
- A Master's degree in electronic engineering or computer science is expected, although other science graduates will be considered if they have relevant experience.
- Experience of VHDL, Verilog or SystemVerilog and modelling at an architecture and design level;
- Proven ability to design, specify, implement and verify IP designs for ASIC or FPGA targets;
- Experience of C or C++;
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively;
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams;
- Willingness to learn, be flexible and accept new challenges;
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills;
- Enthusiasm and capability are as important as extensive experience.
- Video coding fundamentals and knowledge of video standards;
- Design techniques for low power;
- High performance design techniques;
- PERL, Python and TCL scripting experience.