QA Project Manager
The challenge ahead
Reporting to the Studio/Franchise QA Manager, the QA Project Manager (PM) works alongside the production and development teams to ensure successful operational delivery of the QA Strategy.
A PM will be responsible for the day to day QA delivery and support of a product. They will handle operational delivery, tracking and ensuring successful execution and reporting of critical tasks along with prioritization of ad hoc tasks from Dev and QA. They will work closely with the onsite Development QA Team as well as offsite Test Centre support so will need to be skilled at tracking multiple deliverables both locally and remotely.
They will work alongside Production, Dev Management and Tech Leads to build strong plans that incorporate Automation, Tech and Defect Prevention/Containment as well as more traditional black box testing methods. They will also work on maintaining and managing the relationship between the Development Team and QA.
The role requires strong Project Management and Communication skills as work will be coordinated between multiple sites and time zones. All groups will need to be clear on plans, deliverables and success criteria. The PM needs to be innovative, flexible, proactive and dedicated.
- Ensure Operational Delivery of a Title from Concept to Post-Launch.
- Build a strong onsite team of QA Analysts, hiring, mentoring, training and growing the team as well as conducting regular 1:1 meetings.
- Help drive QA Evolution via Defect Prevention/Containment and Test Automation.
- Collaborate with Development partners and balance Development Support tasks against QA Delivery work.
- Recognise, communicate and mitigate risks to project delivery.
- Ensure high quality, pertinent and accurate reports are delivered.
- Use all available Tools to track and report on quality and delivery.
- Actively contribute to strategic planning and ensure plans will deliver project on time, quality and budget.
- Proactively make process improvements project wide, identify patterns and new solutions.
- Must be innovative, proactive and flexible.
- Strong Customer focus both in terms of development partners and also end users.
- Willing to take on new challenges and tasks which potentially have no existing process.
- Always looking for opportunities to work in new ways and improve and evolve process.
- Able to rapidly adapt QA plans and process to the needs of the development team and delivery of the project.
- Solid time management both personally and when building plans for the wider team.
- Immediately recognizes critical issues, both within QA and Development, and drives corrective action.
- Able to effectively organise others (both QA and Dev) to execute plans and collate results.
- Able to pre-empt problems and ensure contingency plans are always available.
- Can develop and maintain ongoing relationships with stakeholders spanning multiple groups and locations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to assess the right reporting style for different tasks and audiences.
- Solid technical appreciation, understanding of technical design or technical information.
- Able to be hands on to fully understand the challenges and effectively and knowledgeably communicate status with multiple stakeholders.
- Results are based on quality and not simply on task completion.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree level education.
- QA experience of at least 4 years.
- Proven experience in multi-disciplined projects and/or test management.
- Proven ability to manage and lead a test team.
- Experience of working with teams over multiple sites/countries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development and QA processes.
- Desire for a career in Software Testing and a passion for video games.