ONBOARD Senior Software Architect
Mannheim or Stockholm
We are looking to recruit a Senior Software Architect – Embedded Systems (m/f) to join our team in Mannheim (Germany) OR Stockholm (Sweden)
The main objective is to drive the Software and system architecture of the Onboard solutions management to a robust state of the art architecture in terms of technical concepts, interfaces and predictability for EBICAB 2000 ONBOARD systems.
This role relates to an Expert career path with a high technical content. In principle, no other roles would be direct reports to the Senior SW Architect.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Analyze the current onboard software architecture from a complete system point of view, identify bottlenecks in behavior, failure reactions, interfaces, timings, etc. Propose the necessary actions to overcome these bottlenecks and propose a stepwise approach to implement the necessary changes based on the impact of the changes;
- Lead the architectural changes implemented in the development project and technically lead the gate reviews governing these changes, to achieve a robust EBICAB2000 SW architecture allowing to meet the reliability demands from today’s customers;
- Be technical lead at all gate reviews related to SW Architecture, participate all gate reviews related to system architecture;
- Approve the System Architecture Specifications and SW Architecture specifications for the system and all subsystems integrated in EBICAB2000;
- Drive for standardizing architectural principles with the other solutions in RCS and act as or contribute to a Center of Competence for SW Architecture.
- MSc in Software engineering/Computer sciences, particularly for embedded systems;
- At least 5 to 10 years proven experience in the design of high availability SW systems in railway, aerospace, defense or automobile industry;
- Advanced skills in UNIX for embedded systems (Linux and FreeBSD) & Real time extensions;
- Proficiency in Modern SW architecture design principles for distributed architectures and industrial networks (Profibus, Ethernet, MVB desired);
- Requirements and Configuration Management (DOORS, Synergy or similar tools);
- Fluent English language skills;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence the organization without having formal power.