C++ Developer for Automated Test System (Programming)
Reporting to the programming team lead, the candidate will be part of an international team working on the DTest middleware inside Ubisoft’s Technology Group.
DTest is a framework and suite of tools that provides a distributed testing foundation for standard and network based applications developed in C++ or C#. With DTest you can build and execute complex scenarios that require multiple agents within a single test and events coordination to obtain a deterministic behavior.
DTest is currently used by Ubisoft titles like Watch Dogs, FarCry and For Honor, with even moew clients like Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Steep, The Division and others pending integration..
The main tasks of a C++ Developer are to:
- Contribute to the framework and tools development
- Collaborate with and offer support to the game development teams to help them integrate the API and tools in their production pipeline
- Keep track on the product and ensure that it meets business requirements and goals
- Fulfill the end user requirements
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind
- Make recommendation for the product development by carrying out proper researches
- Minimize the impact of integration on various existing processes
- Document his work in order to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from remote locations) to understand how to use the new systems and features
- Communicate with other software developers to address any problem in the program logic
Our team follows AGILE methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent
- Good spoken & written English
- Experience in C++ programming
- Good knowledge of algorithms and OOP
- Previous experience with client-server applications and/or web services will be a plus
Skills and knowledge
- Results driven, focused on delivering quality work
- Ability to work as part of a team with excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Very good problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Attention to details
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Fast learner
- Open to changes and continuously learning