The Network Architect will integrate a team of 7 network specialists (already including one Network Architect). He is in direct contact with the different members of the IT Infrastructure team.
His responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in pair with the second Network architect to define the Network architecture standards:
- validation tests;
- documentation writing;
- implementation plans.
- Maintain in working state the overall Network architecture;
- Is an escalation point within the team for high level issues;
- Act as a project leader on identified subjects;
- Provide guidance and expertise on current industry Network practices within the team, maintain awareness on Network related aspects.
Some short travels to other locations will be required.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in an IT role;
- 10 years of experience within a Network Engineer role, with at least 5 in a Network Architect position;
- Broad Technical knowledge of Information Technology systems:
- WAN (VPLS, MPLS, DMVPN) (Cisco);
- Routing protocols: OSPF, BGP;
- (W)LAN (Cisco/Fortinet);
- Ipsec VPN;
- Firewall/UTM (Checkpoint);
- DNS/DHCP (Infoblox);
- TOIP (Avaya);
- Videoconferencing (Polycom/Avaya).
- LAN SDN and especially ACI (Cisco), F5 loab balancing experiences and Windows/Linux administration skills are a plus;
- Successfully manage time and technical responsibilities, set accurate expectations and meet deliverable deadlines while working in a team environment;
- Experience working in a diverse global environment with the ability to be flexible where business drivers dictate.
- A high sense of responsibility and availability;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adjust communication style/content to interact with IT and internal users;
- Strong teamworking skills (including remote);
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, project management, prioritization, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent industry work experience. Master's preferred.