System and Network Administrator
In this challenging role you are in charge of the management of our systems’ infrastructure for EMEA and contribute to the development of different networking projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Definition, installation and configuration of the Openway Riva/IoT systems’ infrastructure closely working with other relevant departments like R&D, IT, sales within EMEA;
- Design and implement VPN and network connectivity for customers and Itron networks;
- Set up and maintenance of the infrastructure of Datacenters (VMware);
- Actively participate to the definition of our Datacenter strategy and work closely on global projects (e.g. smart grids);
- Provide very good analytical and reporting skills in order to rationalize, standardize and optimize the systems’ and solutions’ performance;
- Troubleshoot networked environments and program communications equipment at Itron and customer locations;
- Occasional visits to customers and partners within EMEA for the installation of specific equipment.
Preferred skills and experience:
- You gained already experience in a similar role;
- Solid background experience in storage and system administration’s technologies;
- Strong knowledge of Openware, IPV6, IoT as well as telecommunication tools such as GPRS, PLC, GSM or VPN. You are also familiar with VMware, Windows and Linux environment;
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Knowledge of Hungarian and/or French is an advantage;
- You provide excellent interpersonal skills and ideally already have intercultural experience within a matrix organization;
- You are willing to travel 10% of the time.
- Degree in informatics, computer science or similar field.