We currently have a vacancy for an IT PMO to offer his/her services within a European Institution in Luxembourg.
Tasks & Responsibilities
We are looking for an IT PMO profile who will be working on the following tasks:
The tasks in scope include, but are not limited to:
- Standard PMO activities:
- Managing the PMO Project Pipeline: Quality Assurance on Project Charters, Business Cases and Project Change Requests. Driving the corresponding approval processes. Ensuring that all the audit trails and deliverables required by the procedures are in place.
- PMO portfolio-level reporting: Compiling and editing the monthly PMO report to the management.
- PMO project-level reporting: Preparing Project Progress Reports (PPR). Organise and run monthly meetings with the project managers, collecting the updates in PMIS on cost, duration, scope, issues etc.
- Multi-Annual Capital budget planning & controlling: Managing the financial aspects of the projects and reporting about overall budget consumption.
- Publishing and maintaining PMO procedures and document templates.
- Preparing agendas, presentations and minutes for the IT Steering Committee (ISC).
- Support the PMIS users (IT Project Managers) by teaching them how to use MS Project Server in the most efficient way for them and for the PMO.
- Participate in the semi-annual Project Evaluation Form (PEF) exercise in which all the re-quests for projects for the next year are collected by the PMO.
Skills and Experience
- University degree in computer science or related discipline
- 3-5 years’ professional experience in project management and / or PMO work.
- A proven track record and hands-on knowledge in running Programme Management Offices; quality control of large IT projects and/or IT programmes.
- Hands-on experience with MS Project and MS Project Server 2013.
- Practical experience with methodologies related to project and portfolio management such as PMBoK, PRINCE2 or equivalent would be an advantage.